lunes, 27 de septiembre de 2010

my excess, my trash



WHAT I RECYLCLED IN ONE WEEK:

well, this is quite a normal thing for me, but i made a more consciouss note of things:

I recycled :
3 water bottles
7 plastic bags
2 aluminum cans
and two plastic cheese containers.
I cleaned every wrapper that I came across!
i even erased a post it that i had written in pencil to re-use it and felt VERY PROUD!
all my organic food went to the community compost where I live
and I recycled a few posters from puebladiudadmural that didnt come out allright, as drawing paper for a logo im designing for a friend.
I didnt throw away any FOOD, and tried being creative in my recipes to include left overs in the refrigerator. today for isntance i recycled some left over peas, ham and veggies and made myself and my boyfriend Paulo ( yes his name is almost like mine haha ) a yummy veggie and noodle soup for the cold.


In the mexican state of veracruz at the moment, there is a hugge series of massive flooding going on. I went into my closet and came up with 3 YES THREE large paper bags full of clothing i just DO NOT WEAR, great clothing that will help them to be arm and cozy in such terribel weather. i also noticed this little thing insed me when im deciding if i should keep somthing or due without, and its this little tingling nostalgic stupid feeling of needyness... oh i think i might need this turquoise turtle neck with a hole in the elbow just in case turquoise turtlenecks ever come back into the fashion file.. i think ill hang on to this mobile adaptor in case my current phone dies , drowns in the toilet and then ill have to BUY another in order to use the adaptor i have witch CHURRENTLY doesnt work with my CURRENT phone. SWEET JESUS. LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOO!


I gave one bag to Vica, my friend whos mom was taking some stuff to veracruz to some needed families, and tomorrow I will drop off the other two at the university where there is also a palce to hand in clothing food and supplies. i gave away also a necklace that i recycled from an old one, and im currently making necklaces as gifts for friends out of seeds that i found the other day on the ground.
It feels so refreshing to realize that you dont need so much stuff. its exilirating to get rid of clothing that YOU DONT NEED and is just keeping you from moving on to cleaner healthier environments . I FEEL MUCH LIGHTER. i have a feeling im gona go back in the clset and make a few more bags come out. there are definitely others who need them more than i do.

i just recently moved a month ago to mice new small one room flat. so my furnitiure is quite recycled, i only baught a bed and a couch. although im feeling guilty since i could of gotten that off of somebody else now. It feels fun to move raound with people asking about stuff surfing the web to share things and get thigns you need and not just BUY BUY BUY! I remembered the story of stuff video and smiled.
i baught an old milk aluminum container off of my mother in law and thinking of making it into a lamp! things are looking quite cool in the little house with all this recycling!im starting to notice that my friends are getting more and more used to this idea when they come over, and arent suprised when i show them the compost bin etc. imagine? recylcing normal? TI SHOULD BE !it has been for me for a wbile but its still catching on in mexico, and I ened to keep in tune for other things !

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario