lunes, 27 de septiembre de 2010

hello, my name is..

EU ESTOU AQUIM! BENVINDO!


here it is! this minute rabbit hole opening: it started off as a poke in the dirt then the finger went in a little deeper and twisted until the fist was right snug into the dirt and then suddenly slowly but steadily has been caving into what begins to be a tunnel towards Santos Brazil. O meu deus! que legal!

and there i am suddenly in a make believe room half way down the tunnel full of giddy tree-hugger-activists-socialchangemovers-powershifters like myself. among the bustling there is a smiley nervous almost adolescent sense and scent to me. If i were to have one of those american HELLO MY NAME IS tags on my left breast it would probably have been written in pink marker with a happy smile or turquoise spiral next to my name which reads: paola de la concha zindel, Yes., all of that. I have one of those names that a character from pulp fiction might think it had a certain defining meaning, and of course i do not dissapoint: my last name means from the shell, and in other spanish speaking countries, it has another definition which i will certainly not bore you with since it has vulgar connotations that would probably make a change agent such as yourself blush!


soo.... here i am, I must warn you that this special cyber space tinged with a deep desire that will strive towards a natural impossible-to-reach enviornment thru digital space will vow to be among all other things: genuine. I shall not present myself as a better version of myself, some superhero ecosocialperfectionist, but somebody who is at least trying and dedicating my life to something that at the end will leave me tired and content. but for the sake of you reader knowing me (if this interests you at all): i promise you that, full all the way genuine.


so in terms of who i am right now, im definitely like my rabbit hole: under construction. lets just say im like an onion. lotsa layers,lots of hiding,sharing,peeling,saving,protecting a core strong piece of me that remains smelly,stubborn but with butter softens up and melts in your mouth. Im at a pivitol moment in my life where my personality, way of being, spirituality and presence and identity is trying desperately to become a co-sense of existense with others be they people,beings,animals, insects and birds or mosquitos.

i guess my identity like so many of my generation is polkadotted with cultures and history, and so as so not to bore you with my lineage, i will express my identity in the form of a recipe:

1. one cup of chocolate oaxacan chocolate, with hot water, no sugar
2. three red chilis
3. 2 tablesppons aguactl (avocado)
4. 5 cloves of garlic from israel
5. 2 agave leaves
6. 7 drops of mezcal from a bottle with an old mans face on the green bottle
7. 2 teaspoons green salsa
8. 1 salmon bagel with cream cheese from bricklane
9. 1 cup of fresh rasberries picked in zurich
10. 2 patatas de españa
11. 7 clumps of pumpkin flower
12. one quarter cup black mole with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds
13. 2 ripe pommegrantes peeled and seeded
14. 2 blos of the windy city winds
15. two almond joys and one melanzane pizza
16. one cup matte with honey
17. one empanada with corn and melted cheese
18. one slice of irish cheddar
19. two falaffel balls
20. two challa breads
21. two lebkuchen cookies
22. one quesadilla
23.two tablespoons dahl
24. one lb of dancing spirit shifted
25. sprinkle of optimism
26. pinch of sarcasm
27. 27 cups of passion
28. two slices of empathy
29. ten loaves centeno black bread with grilled cheese love.



since we are on the introductory tone of things i might as well introduce the name of my blog: cenzontledeplata. cenzontle is a bird famous for its 400 different voices or calling. Nezahualcoyotl, the aztec famous poet was famous for one poem that he wrote which reads:

mi hermano : el hombre ( my brother: mankind)

Amo el canto de zenzontle (i love the singing of the cenzontle bird)
pájaro de cuatrocientas voces, (bird of 400 voices)
amo el color del jade (i love the color of jade)
y el enervante perfume de las flores, ( and the overwhwelming perfume of the flowers)
pero más amo a mi hermano; (but more than anything, i love my brother, mankind).
el hombre.



I have recently become part of the pacha mamma alliance organization which strives for a just more sustainable world, and our mexican generation of facilitator volunteers named ourselves cenzontles, so cenzontle, this magical bird of 400 voices and DE PLATA, means silver, the metal of our land. and so we flutter.


i love you my brother.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario